- Cam Rohan – can a writer bring to life a sexier alpha male protagonist?!? This guy is HOT!!! Rich. Clever. Perceptive. Considerate. In control. Suave. The list is endless…
- Introduction to the Hathaway clan is superbly handled by Ms.Kleypas – it is a big family. Each Hathaway is portrayed so that we know their role in the family and have some insight into the trials of their eventual love story.
- The fact that the Hathaways are considered outcasts gives so much opportunity to learn more about Victorian society than just the ways of the ton.
- Setting and minor characters are richly described
- The central romance of the book is so beautifully written – how can Amelia not fall for Cam?
- Amelia’s struggle to finally accept Cam. Her angst seemed without foundation – it wasn’t believable to me that she found it so difficult to say yes. But this was such a small part of the book that it didn’t stop me from reading.
- Leo…what a train wreck…except, this will make his HEA tale all the more delicious.
- If you love romance and reading a strong, sexy male lead – this is the book for you!
- I also really loved the strong relationship and love in the Hathaway family – Ms. Kleypas creates strong female characters who support each other instead of tearing each other down and I love that!
- Finally, the strong sense of setting and atmosphere is undeniable. Ms. Kleypas brings us into her world seamlessly.
- Oh one last thing – I love that it overlaps with her previous series, Wallflowers, and we get to revisit some favourite characters!
Did you read Mine Till Midnight? If so, what did you think? Any other juicy romances you would recommend based on this review? Would love to connect!
Here’s a synopsis of Mine Till Midnight from kobobooks:
When an unexpected inheritance elevates her family to the ranks of the aristocracy, Amelia Hathaway discovers that tending to her younger sisters and wayward brother was easy compared to navigating the intricacies of the ton. Even more challenging: the attraction she feels for the tall, dark, and dangerously handsome Cam Rohan.
Wealthy beyond most men’s dreams, Cam has tired of society’s petty restrictions and longs to return to his “uncivilized” Gypsy roots. When the delectable Amelia appeals to him for help, he intends to offer only friendship—but intentions are no match for the desire that blindsides them both. But can a man who spurns tradition be tempted into that most time-honored arrangement: marriage? Life in London society is about to get a whole lot hotter….in Lisa Kleypas’s Mine Till Midnight.